The Forest Society also maintains trails at the nearby Bretzfelder Memorial Park and Sleeping Astronomer properties, as well as many other properties throughout the North Country. Our nonprofit organization has 190 reservations across the state totaling nearly 60,000 acres.
Christmas Tree Trail - .8 miles/EasyThe Christmas Tree Trail leads visitors through The Rocks Christmas tree plantation, with 15 numbered stops noting information about the property's past and present. The trail leads past wetland habitat, rows of Christmas trees, and artfully crafted stone walls, with panoramic views of the White Mountains along the way.
- Christmas Tree Trail Map (2.26 MB PDF)
Michael A. Gozzo Trail - 4.6 miles/VariedThis varied trail is named for the late Michael A. Gozzo, who loved hiking and the White Mountains. The trail meanders through The Rocks, crossing managed woodland and overgrown apple orchards, and skirting beaver ponds and wetland habitat.
Hikers may explore this trail as one long loop or by selecting one or more of the various spurs:
- 1.8-mile/ Moderate - Gozzo Rocks Loop begins and ends at The Rocks and includes the Beaver Pond Loop.
- .67-mile (one-way)/Difficult - Gozzo Trail to South Road - This spur of the trail leads steeply from the beaver pond to South Road.
- 1.5-mile/Moderate - Gozzo South Road Loop begins and ends at the South Road parking area.
- Michael A. Gozzo Trail Map (51 KB PDF)