Spring Lake Option 2
Share a photo and tell others about your adventure.
Report incorrect or missing information.
- Owned By
- Start this hike near the swimming lagoon. Head right (north) on the paved trail along the edge of the lake.
- Cross over the Santa Rosa Creek diversion channel and head uphill to the top of the main dam (North Dam). Walk northwest across the dam.
- Descend the trail and pass the north end of the lake.
- From here, go to the right on a short dirt trail that will connect to the base of the West Dam. Continue on the dirt trail (Horse Loop) and hike up the West Dam and turn left to walk across the dam.
- Cross over the paved trail, passing water storage tanks on your left.
- Continue on the unpaved trail (Horse Loop) until you come to the road that goes down to the boat launch. Cross the road and reconnect with the dirt trail (Horse Loop). This segment features rolling terrain, with views of the lake below you and campsites above you.
- After about .5 miles, you’ll reach South Dam. Turn left and walk across the dam. Turn left to reconnect with the paved trail back to the lagoon.