Honeybee Hikes at the Leach Botanical Garden
Daycation Parent Team
March 25, 2020, 10:00am - 11:00am
Come explore the gardens on Wednesday mornings!
Your little one will look for wildlife, listen to the wind and the creek, touch a thimble-berry leaf, water the Children's Discovery Garden and maybe even eat a raspberry right off the vine! Our wonderful guides will then read a story and help the children craft something fun. Each week is different with seasonal themes.
Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2-5 year olds, each child must be accompanied by an adult.
This year, hikes begin Wednesday February 6, 2019 and end December 10, 2019.
Cost: $3.00 per child, non-walkers and adults free. Please bring exact change. Punch cards now available in the Gift Shop next to the Manor House: buy 5 hikes and get 6th one FREE!
- We start promptly and split into smaller groups as needed.
- For possible cancellations, please call or check main website.
- Please dress for the weather as we hike rain or shine.
Please note: The Honeybee Hike meets and starts in the Upper Garden. Please park in the Claybourne parking lot - look for parking signage at corner of 122nd/Claybourne St. just south of Foster Rd.
- From SE Foster Rd. turn south onto 122nd Ave. (continuing past the sign that says the road is closed to through traffic).
- Take the first left at the Leach Botanical Garden Administrative Office sign onto SE Claybourne (gravel road). Follow this road through the chain link gate.
- Park in the gravel lot and then enter the Garden on the south side of the lot.
- Follow the Honey Bee Hike signs to the tent/registration area.
Registration: This is not required unless you're a group of 10+ children/adults. These larger groups must preregister 2 weeks in advance. Reservation Form
Contact: Leach Garden Education Coordinator, JoAnn Vrilakas, at email@example.com email or call 503-823-1671.