Nestled in the heart of the White Mountains, The Rocks is a protected reserve that serves as the Forest Society’s North Country Conservation and Education Center. Featuring more than 13 buildings on the National Historic Register, The Rocks' Heritage Trail evokes the gilded era of a century ago of long vacations in the refreshing summer air of the White Mountains.
Once a self-sustaining farm, The Rocks is now home to the Forest Society's sustainable Christmas tree farm. Each year trees are carefully hand-shaped and wreaths are meticulously decorated to raise money for land conservation in New Hampshire.
Help us care for this property by following these guidelines during your visit:
· This property is open dawn to dusk
· Carry out all trash
· Dogs must remain under control and owners must pack out all dog waste
· No motorized wheeled vehicles
· No camping
· No campfires
· Hunting and fishing are allowed
· Leave natural and cultural features undisturbed