Stillwater Prairie Reserve
Stillwater has 309 acres with 4 miles of trails that go through varying ecosystems, Stillwater Prairie Reserve is situated along the Scenic Stillwater River. A circular hiking trail passes through fields, woodlands, marshy habitats and shrub lands. Segments of the main trail follow along the river. Three man made ponds and the Stillwater River provide fishing opportunities for visitors. A beautiful picnic shelter is located directly south of the upper parking lot. A large grill and electricity are available at the shelter. This shelter may be reserved by clicking here. Diverse topography and vegetation make this park a perfect place for hiking, picnicking, bird watching and cross-county skiing.
Rules & Regulation
- 309.8 Acres
- Native Ohio prairie
- Mature and Diverse Woodlands
- 2 fishing ponds
- Wildlife pond
- 4 miles of trail
- Reservable shelter with electricity and a grill available for use during regular park hours and may be reserved by following this link.
- 1600’ boardwalk through prairie habitat
- Suspension bridge across Stillwater River connecting to Maple Ridge Reserve
- Picnic areas with grills
- Drinking water
- Fishing license is NOT required on the two fishing ponds located within the park.
- Fishing on the Stillwater River requires an Ohio fishing license.