Edgartown Lighthouse & Starbuck Neck Park
A quiet patch of paradise with coastal flora, a pond, a beach and a lighthouse. A lighthouse was first constructed here in 1828. The necessity was due to the many vessels frequenting the harbor during the whaling boom of the late 1700s-early 1800s. During its first year, it was accessible only by rowing a boat from nearby waterfront land. The Hurricane of 1938 damaged the lighthouse. In 1939, the new conical cast-iron tower from Ipswich was installed and automated.
At the end of North Water Street.
open in summer. See MV Museum website for hours
on leash at all times