Mather Regional Park
- Owned By
On land previously operated by the Air Force, Mather Regional Park has now become the home to a wide range of activities. Where B-52 bombers once practiced take-offs and landings, soaring kites and model airplanes now fill the sky. Here, civilian golfers yell "Fore!" where officers and enlisted men once swung their clubs.
- Eighteen holes await at the Mather Golf Course, a 168-acre course with plenty of trees.
- Families can enjoy the new group picnic area at the park's entrance. This lakeside area offers plenty of picnic opportunities for groups and families and can be reserved in advance.
- Mather Lake is stocked with bass or trout, depending on the time of year. Off the beaten path, it is among the area's best-kept secret fishing holes. A State of California Fishing License is required to fish at Mather Lake.
- Nature lovers and young children will be thrilled to see the rare vernal pools and wetlands that dot the area like tiny wild gardens. Watch fish and frogs alongside these pools, or look closer to discover why the rare fairy shrimp got its name.
- Come fall and spring, the pools and lake will fill with the sounds of beating wings and haunting birdcalls, as many migrating birds use Mather Regional Park as a rest stop on their long journeys. The "bird-brained" will thrill to see their flight and perhaps add a few new entries to their life-long sightings
Hours and Fees:
The park is open year-round from sunrise to sunset. Parking fees are collected 365 days per year.
- $6 per vehicle
- $12 Vehicles with Trailer (ex. Boat or Horse) or RV
- $24 Bus
- Vehicle fees increase over Summer Holiday Weekends.