Madame Sherri Forest
The 513-acre Madame Sherri Forest is situated on the eastern slope of Wantastiquet Mountain, also known as Rattlesnake Mountain in Chesterfield. The property abuts the larger, 847-acre Wantastiquet State Forest. Trails on the Madame Sherri forest are linked to the larger Wantastiquet – Monadnock Trail, which stretches from the Connecticut River east to Mount Monadnock. The Anne Stokes Loop Trail leads to scenic Indian Pond, and other trails ascend Wantastiquet Mountain, with excellent views. PLEASE DO NOT CLIMB OR WALK ON THE RUINS.
Help us care for this property by following these guidelines during your visit:
- This property is open dawn to dusk
- Carry out all trash
- Dogs must remain under control and owners must pack out all dog waste
- No motorized wheeled vehicles
- No camping
- No campfires
- Hunting and fishing are allowed
- Leave natural and cultural features undisturbed
This parking lot is plowed during the winter.
Open dawn to dusk
Visitor Use Guidelines
Full list of use guidelines available HERE