Lake Chabot Regional Park
Lake Chabot Reservoir was built in 1874-75 as a primary source of water for the East Bay. The 315-acre lake was closed to recreation for 91 years. Legislation passed in the 1960s opened the lake for controlled recreational uses. On June 18, 1966, EBRPD opened Lake Chabot Regional Park to the public after securing an agreement with the East Bay Municipal Utilities District (EBMUD), which owns and operates the reservoir. Currently, the lake serves as a standby emergency water supply. For this reason, visitors are asked to observe certain necessary regulations to keep the waters pure.
Rules & Regulation
Lake Chabot has several fishing piers that include one with access for the disabled, and there is a wheelchair ramp from the parking lot to the marina. Within the marina area, there are wheelchair accessible restrooms, drinking fountains and picnic tables. The disabled parking spaces are located in the main lot.