High Watch Preserve
Three different paths lead to the summit of Green Mountain, part of the Green Mountain State Forest, a block of land at the summit surrounded by the High Watch Preserve. Blueberries are often abundant near the summit in season. An 0.4 mile spur trail to an adjacent peak, Hanson Top, leaves from the Libby Road Trail, just a few hundred feet from the summit of Green Mountain. Hanson Top provides excellent views to the south and west from an exposed ledge.
Help us care for this property by following these guidelines during your visit:
- This property is open dawn to dusk
- Carry out all trash
- Dogs must remain under control and owners must pack out all dog waste
- No motorized wheeled vehicles
- No camping
- No Campfires
- Hunting and fishing are allowed
- Leave natural and cultural features undisturbed
Seasons of Availability
Open dawn to dusk
Visitor Use Guidelines
Full list of use guidelines available HERE
Please note that this property may be difficult to access in winter due to winter roadside parking bans and/or unplowed parking areas.