A marked trail leads through hemlock woods and past a beaver marsh to the summit of Mount Wallingford. The summit offers a nice view to the north. Look for wild blueberries in season. There is a property sign at the entrance on Flanders Memorial Road and enough room to park one or two vehicles.
- This property is open dawn to dusk
- Carry out all trash
- Dogs must remain under control and owners must pack out all dog waste
- No motorized wheeled vehicles
- No camping
- No Campfires
- Hunting and fishing are allowed
- Leave natural and cultural features undisturbed
Trail Information The Buxton Forest / Elizabeth Simons Preserve Difficulty: Strenuous Round-trip Distance: 2.50 miles Trail Markings: Yellow Rectangles
A marked trail leads from the property entrance on Flanders Memorial Road to the top of Mount Wallingford. This 2.5-mile, moderately strenuous route takes you along old woods roads (now a snowmobile trail) and along a narrow hiking path. There are some steep sections to reach the summit.