A marked trail leads through hemlock woods and past a beaver marsh to the summit of Mount Wallingford. The summit offers a nice view to the north. Look for wild blueberries in season. There is a property sign at the entrance on Flanders Memorial Road and enough room to park one or two vehicles.
- This property is open dawn to dusk
- Carry out all trash
- Dogs must remain under control and owners must pack out all dog waste
- No motorized wheeled vehicles
- No camping
- No Campfires
- Hunting and fishing are allowed
- Leave natural and cultural features undisturbed
Flanders Memorial Road
*WINTER ACCESS: The parking at this property is not plowed.*
The entrance to Buxton Forest /Elizabeth Simons Preserve is on the south side of Flanders Memorial Road, about 1.3 miles west of the intersection with Route 114/77. There is a property sign and gate at this location, with enough room for two or three cars to park.