American River Parkway - Ancil Hoffman Park
Share a photo and tell others about your adventure.
Report incorrect or missing information.
- Owned By
The park, dotted with ancient oaks and bordered on two sides by the American River, is home to the renowned Effie Yeaw Nature Center. Walk among reconstructed Maidu Indian homes or hit a bucket of golf balls at the award-winning Ancil Hoffman golf course.
Hours and Fees:
Open year-round from sunrise to sunset, special event fees vary by event.
- $6 Vehicle
- $12 Vehicles with Trailer (ex. Boat or Horse) or RV
- $24 Bus
- Vehicle fees increase over Summer Holiday Weekends.
Bike Trail Safety Tip:
Be Safe, Be Fit, Exercise With A Friend!
Report maintenance issues by calling 3-1-1!
Rules & Regulations
- Trails - See a herd of deer or listen to the chirps and chatter of 100 bird species along the many trails.
- Golf - Golf Digest named Ancil Hoffman Golf Course one of America’s top 75 courses. Shady even in the summer, the course houses a spacious clubhouse, restaurant and a trophy room.
- Picnic - Reservations are required for groups more than 40, OR if alcohol, amplified sound or a bounce house will be present. Glass containers are not allowed and dogs are required to be on leashes throughout the park and may not enter the Nature Center. Picnic Reservations may be made here