Picchetti Ranch Open Space Preserve
Picchetti Ranch, named after the Picchetti family, who emigrated from Italy in the 1870s, features a brick winery building and farm complex. The District purchased this historical area located above Stevens Creek Reservoir in 1976. The Preserve features 3.7 miles of trail, the historic Picchetti Winery, and surrounding homestead.
Rules & Regulation
Explore the historic winery complex, which has a nice picnic area and wheelchair lift into the winery. Trails outside the winery complex are not improved for easy access.
Visit the Easy Access Opportunities page for additional information.
- Hours: Open half an hour before sunrise to half an hour after sunset.
- Dogs: Dogs are NOT allowed in this Preserve. For information on dog-friendly preserves visit the Dog Access page. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Midpen accommodates service dogs in Preserves wherever we allow public access.
- Bicyclists: Bikes are NOT allowed in this Preserve. For information on preserves open to bikes visit the Bicycle Access page.
- Equestrians: Horses are allowed on designated trails in this Preserve. Helmets are recommended for all equestrians. For more information visit the Equestrian Access page.
- Groups: For safety reasons, permits are required for all groups of 20 or more people.
- Permits: A use permit is required for any activity or event which: may be attended by twenty (20) or more people; OR is advertised or noticed in any publication, poster, electronic posting or flyer; OR requests/requires a fee be paid for participation. Visit the Permit page for more information.
- Fires: Fires are prohibited on preserves.
- Smoking: Smoking is prohibited on preserves.
- Weapons: Weapons of any kind are prohibited on preserves.
- Plants and Animals: Please leave plants and animals undisturbed. This not only preserves the natural environment, but is also a safety precaution.
- Water Areas: Swimming wading, or engaging in any water-contact activity in any water areas of the District is prohibited.