This release includes new social tools, a fully redesigned and expanded point of interest symbol set, and content that sorts to display what's closest to you. As usual, it also includes a slew of smaller (but not to be forgotten!) internal improvements and bug fixes.
These release notes also apply to Daycation 1.2.0 and TRAILSMV 1.3.0.
- New social tools make it easy to view and interact with updates directly from OuterSpatial's partner organizations.
- Expanded the point of interest symbol set to include more than 100 types.
- Modified the home screen overview map and carousel to show Outings and locations nearest to you (if you've given the app permission to access your location).
- Similarly, the Explore list now automatically sorts to display Outings and locations that are closest to you — if, again, you have given OuterSpatial access to your location.
- Implemented major performance improvements both when loading the app for the first time and when switching between communities.
- Added edit and camera buttons to make it clear that profile editing tools are available in the Me tab.
- Improved the "Reload Community Data" tool in the application settings.
- Cleaned up the navigation hierarchy to make it more intuitive.
- Implemented lazy loading of some secondary detail maps to improve the memory footprint.
- Cleaned up terrain data for Alaska community.
- Added new area and trail tags, including: Seasonality, an expanded list of activity types, and common rules and regulations.
- Improved messaging around failed log ins and sign ups to make it clear what went wrong.
- Implemented community "masks" throughout the app's maps.
- Implemented Universal Links so opening a www.outerspatial.com URL on your device will now open the app, if available.
- Added support for "Manager" steward organizations.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the splash screen to not display at times when loading the app from the background.
- Fixed an issue that caused the bookmark button to stay disabled after successfully creating a bookmark.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the profile photo from being saved.
- Fixed an issue where the Explore map infoview would hide when navigating back to Explore from a child screen.