Broken Top Trailhead
Trailhead in Deschutes National Forest
The access road for this trailhead (Forest Road 370 to Forest Road 380, past Todd Lake) is very rugged and high clearance 4-wheel drive vehicles are recommended. This is a heavily used trailhead and the public is reminded that self issued wilderness permits are required and available at the trailhead. There is a toilet at this site.
- Free PERMIT required Memorial Day through October 31: self-issue wilderness permit available at the trailhead.
- Motorized and mechanical equipment (including bicycles and drones) are prohibited in the wilderness.
- Groups must be under 12 people and 12 head of stock.
- Build campfires at least 100 feet away from water.
- Pack in / Pack out!
- “Take only pictures, leave only footprints”—please refrain from cutting, damaging or gathering vegetation or other forest items, i.e. rocks, etc.
- Please bury human waste 6-8” deep and at least 200’ away from water.
Open Season Start
- Day Hiking