POI in Deschutes National Forest
This is a small day use area for equestrian use accessing the Newberry Crater trail, which is at the base of the Big Obsidian Flow and connects to the larger caldera trail network.
See also: Chief Paulina Horse Camp
Recreation Fee Site: Parking at this site requires a recreation pass. Passes are NOT available at this site, but can be purchased from Forest Service offices or vendors. Please check here for more information about recreation passes and where they can be purchased.
Valid Passes Accepted:
- Northwest Forest Day Pass
- Northwest Forest Annual Pass
- 3- Day Monument Pass show only if a monument site
- Interagency Annual Pass
- Interagency Senior Pass (America the Beautiful, Golden Age)
- Interagency Access Pass
- Interagency Military Pass
- Every Kid in a Park Pass
- Northwest Forest ePass