Cascade Lakes Welcome Station
Trailhead in Deschutes National Forest
Located just past mile post seven on the Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway, the Cascade Lakes Welcome Station serves as a gateway to some of the most popular trails, lakes and recreation areas on the Deschutes National Forest. The Welcome Station also offers parking and access to Phil’s and Wanoga mountain biking trails systems.
The Cascade Lakes Welcome Station provides visitors an opportunity to buy recreation passes, local maps, guidebooks and other educational materials. In addition to offering one-day recreation passes and the annual Northwest Forest Pass (good for all National Forests in Oregon and Washington), the Welcome Station also offers a number of interagency pass options.
Staffed with both Forest Service rangers and employees from Discover Your Forest, the Deschutes National Forest’s non-profit partner, the Welcome Station gives visitors the opportunity to ask questions, while learning about trail conditions and closures.
Visitors can plan their trips using a new, interactive touch screen map. They can learn more about our local wilderness areas and what they can do to help protect them while exploring the region on a giant floor map. Additional interpretive exhibits are planned and will be implemented in the coming seasons.
Open Season End
Open Season Start
- April 20 - April 28, Open Saturday & Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m
- April 29 - May 22 Open Thursday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- May 23 - September 2, Open daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sept. 3 - Sept. 30 Open Thursday through Monday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- October 1 - Nov. 24, Open Friday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- November 25, Closed for the season.
- Scenic Driving
- Visitor Centers