Samuel P. Taylor State Park to White Hill Open Space Preserve
- Owned By
This segment starts in the valley on the old railroad trail then climbs to San Geronimo Ridge. The ridge re road is long and undulating, with rewarding 360-degree views of the North Bay, and deep canyons and wooded ridges crowned by Mount Tamalpais. The route feels remote and has a dramatic view down to scenic Kent Lake. After reaching its highest elevations in a unique Sargent cypress forest, the trail descends through White Hill Open Space Preserve, offering more beautiful views.
- From: State Park Entrance in Lagunitas
- To: Brown Bridge in Fairfax
- Length: : 10.8 miles one-way; car shuttle possible.
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,540 feet/1,265 feet one-way
- Accessibility: Hikers, equestrians, and mountain bikers
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)