Saddleback Butte State Park (Top of Saddleback Butte): First Day Hikes
Hike to top of Saddleback Butte. The hike is moderately strenuous. The length is five miles and about three hours roundtrip; 1000 feet of elevation gain to an incredible view across the Mojave Desert. Bring water and wear good hiking shoes and layered clothing; it can be very windy at the top.
Staff and volunteers will lead this hike. Check-in for the hike at the park Visitor Center. Bring a lunch to enjoy in the park’s picnic area after returning from the hike!
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 9am
- Where: Visitor Center
- Parking: Check-in at the park Visitor Center located at 17102 East Avenue J, Lancaster, CA (corner of 170th St E and East Avenue J, near Lake Los Angeles).
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Dogs are not allowed on trails (with the exception of trained service animals. No comfort animals).
- Preparation: Dress in layers and wear good hiking boots/shoes. Bring water and snacks.
- Special instructions: Rain cancels.
- Contact: Jean Rhyne at Jean.Rhyne@parks.ca.gov or follow us on www.Facebook.com/SaddlebackButte for more information and updates.