New Brighton State Beach: First Day Hikes
Hike leader Ashley Wemp will take participants on an easy hike from New Brighton to Capitola during a negative tide. We will encounter interesting geological features, 5-million-year-old whale fossils, and tide pool creatures.
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 2:30pm
- Where: On the beach.
- Parking: On the beach below the day use parking lot. Vehicle day-use fee is $10.
- Length of hike: 2 miles
- Ages: 5 and up. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Preparation: Wear extra layers and appropriate shoes with good grip. Bring, water and snacks.
- Special instructions: To make a reservation, visit https://SantaCruzStateParks.as.me/newbrightonfirstday. No pets.
- Contact: Ashley.email@example.com or call (831) 685-6444.