Mount Madonna County Park
- Owned By
On an uphill trip from the Sprig Recreation Area trailhead to Mount Madonna Road, you take in excellent views of southern Santa Clara County and the Inner Coast Range. The wide service road skirts an intermittent creek, crosses boulder-strewn grasslands, swings through chaparral and scrub- oak forest, and finishes in a cool, steep-sided redwood canyon. This is the southernmost segment of the Ridge Trail.
- From: Sprig Recreation Area Entrance
- To: Old Mount Madonna Road in Gilroy
- Length: 3.5 miles one-way; car shuttle possible.
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 1,150 feet/160 feet one-way
- Accessibility: Hikers and equestrians
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)