Golden Gate Bridge: Presidio to Marin Headlands
- Owned By
This famous bridge span, dedicated in 1937, is one of the world’s most spectacular and visited sites. A trip by foot, bike, or wheelchair offers visitors an excellent opportunity to understand Bay Area geography and the route of the Bay Area Ridge Trail. The bridge can be windy and/or foggy, so wear layers.
- From: Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center in San Francisco
- To: North Tower Golden Gate Bridge Parking Lot in Sausalito
- Length: 1.9 miles one-way; car shuttle possible.
- Elevation Gain/Loss:190 feet/120 feet one-way
- Accessibility: Hikers and bicyclists. Wheelchair users end at Vista Point in Sausalito.
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)