Coyote Lake - Harvey Bear County Park
- Owned By
After a short connector trail, this route heads south on a relatively level trail high up in the hills with splendid views of Coyote Lake, the surrounding foothills, the Santa Clara Valley, and the Coast Range. This hike or ride can be combined with a picnic or camping next to Coyote Lake. The trail is mostly in sun, so plan the trip in cooler weather or early in the day.
- From: Harvey Bear Trailhead at Coyote Dam in Morgan Hill
- To: Mendoza Ranch Trailhead in Gilroy
- Length: 5.6 miles one-way (including 0.9 mile on Harvey Bear Trail, a connector trail); car shuttle possible.
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 500 feet/490 feet one-way
- Accessibility: Hikers, equestrians, and mountain biker
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)