Bike Overnight: Rob Hill Presidio to Samuel P Taylor State Park
- Owned By
Explore this classic overnight route of the Ridge Trail which takes you over the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and through the sweeping views of the Marin Headlands. (Check the documents for maps which include details about each section on this outing.)
- 43 miles, 5320’ ascent, 5558’ descent (South Bound)
- 43 miles, 5558’ ascent, 5320’ descent (North Bound)
Overnight Camping Options:
- Rob Hill Campground in SF Presidio
- Group Sites
- Samuel P Taylor State Park
- Reservation and First come first served hike and bike site
- Mt. Tamalpais SP, Pantoll Campground
- First come first served only
- Tennessee Valley, Haypress Campground
- Reservation Only
- Trail and Road
- Note: Not all road sections provide lanes or shoulders for bikes. Use at your own risk.
- Parking available near Rob Hill, at Samuel Taylor, and a variety of other parks throughout the route.
- Train, BART, and Bus are options to get into the city near Rob Hill.