Angel Island State Park: First Day Hikes
Learn about the diverse cultural and natural history of Angel Island on a moderately difficult hike to the 788-foot summit of Mt. Livermore, including trail stairs, switchbacks, and moderate hills via the Northridge Trail, returning on the Sunset Trail. There will be time for lunch at the summit with 360-degree views of the Bay Area, including San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, weather permitting.
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 10:45am
- Where: Ayala Cove ferry dock to Mt. Livermore
- Ferry schedule and information:
- From Tiburon, visit www.angelislandferry.com.
- From San Francisco, to be determined. Please contact park.
- Length of hike: The hike is 4.5 miles and will take approximately 4 hours, including lunch and breaks.
- Preparation: Dress in layers and bring rain gear if needed. Wear good hiking boots/shoes. Bring water, snacks, and lunch.
- Ages: 6 and up preferred. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Special instructions: The hike will happen, rain or shine! In case of inclement weather or poor trail conditions, the route may be altered.
- Contact information: Tours.Angelisland@parks.ca.gov or (415) 435-5537