Carquinez Bridge and Crockett
- Owned By
Join strollers, exercise buffs, dog walkers, and commuters on the west side of this high suspension bridge. Look out over the wide waters of Carquinez Strait, where the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers ow into San Pablo Bay before entering San Francisco Bay. On the south side of the bridge, cross under I-80 and pass through downtown Crockett, famous for its C&H sugar refinery. This is also the route of the Bay Trail and Carquinez Strait Scenic Loop Trail.
- From: Carquinez Park in Vallejo
- To: Crockett Boulevard in Crockett
- Length: 2.8 miles one way; car shuttle possible.
- Elevation Gain/Loss: 230 feet/260 feet one-way
- Accessibility: Hikers and bicyclists
(This trail description is excerpted from the 2019 Guidebook. For details on all trails, trailheads, and more, buy the book from Wilderness Press. For more resources to plan your trip, visit our Trail Tools page.)