Saddleback Butte State Park (Dowen Nature Trail): First Day Hikes
Dowen Nature Trail is an easy hike. Guided interpretive tour along the nature trail. Learn about the unique natural and cultural history of the local area. The length is .5-mile loop with mild elevation gain and about 1 hour. The trail is wheelchair/stroller accessible.
Staff and volunteers will lead this hike. Check-in for the hike at the park Visitor Center. Bring a lunch to enjoy in the park’s picnic area after returning from the hike!
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 11am
- Where: Visitor Center
- Parking: Check-in for the hike at the park Visitor Center located at 17102 East Avenue J, Lancaster, CA (corner of 170th St E and East Avenue J, near Lake Los Angeles).
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Dogs are not allowed on trails (with the exception of trained service animals. No comfort animals).
- Preparation: Dress in layers and wear good hiking boots/shoes. Bring water and snacks.
- Special instructions: Rain cancels.
- Contact: Jean Rhyne at Jean.Rhyne@parks.ca.gov or follow us on www.Facebook.com/SaddlebackButte for more information and updates.