Auburn State Recreation Area (Quarry Trail Hike): First Day Hikes
This moderate hike exercises your navigation skills while exploring flora, fauna, geology, and mountain quarries history. Dogs on leash are welcome. The hike route has one short technical section. The hike is 3.5-miles and lasts between 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 9am
- Where: Quarry Trail (Cool, CA – El Dorado County)
- Parking: Quarry Trail Parking Area (or parallel park in designated spaces along Hwy. 49 in El Dorado County)
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Preparation: Dress in layers and wear good hiking boots/shoes. Bring water and snacks.
- Special instructions: Heavy rain will cancel. Bring a park map and compass if you have one.
- Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org