South Carlsbad State Beach Campground: First Day Hikes
A State Park interpreter will join participants. You will begin the walk and enter the beach campground from the main stairway. We will walk north along the beach, returning to the main stairs at the end of the walk. The Interpretive level is moderate. We will discuss the wildlife and plants that inhabit the sandy shore, while staying on the lookout for possible whale or dolphin sightings. The hike may stop to check out the tide pools, tides permitting.
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 1:30pm
- Where: Campfire Center
- Parking: No on-site parking.
- Length of hike: 60 minute brisk walk.
- Ages: All ages, children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Special instructions: Bring water, sunscreen, a hat, jacket, binoculars (if you have them) and wear closed-toed shoes. The sand is not stroller-friendly, and there will be some stairs and uneven terrain.
- Contact: Email to register and include in the subject line "First Day Hike S. Carlsbad" at SanDiego.Interp@parks.ca.gov. Walk-ups are also welcome.