Pismo State Beach: First Day Hikes
Join State Park Docent Becky for an easy stroll along the boardwalk trail to the state beach’s Monarch Butterfly Grove and then return by way of the beach. Along the way, we'll discuss the area's history, western monarch butterflies, Pismo clams, sand dollars and shorebirds as we identify some of the area's plants and animals.
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 9:30am
- Where: Boardwalk Trail
- Parking: Parking lot near the beach on W. Grand Avenue by Fin’s Bar & Grill (25 W Grand Ave, Grover Beach, CA 93433).
- Length of hike: Easy 1-mile hike and about 2 hours.
- Preparation: Dress in layers. Wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and a hat. Other helpful items include binoculars, a camera, water, birding and/or plant books.
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Children need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Special Instructions: Rain will cancel event.
- Contact: Mallory.Claassen@parks.ca.gov or call 805-474-2664.