Butano State Park: First Day Hikes
Hike leader Elexis Padron will take participants to celebrate the new year with a short hike through the majesty of the redwoods and revel in their resilience. Visitors can ponder over the new growth that has sprouted from the burn scar. This short loop through the Six Bridges Trail and the main park road starts and ends at the picnic area, concluding with an optional art activity involving nature printing.
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 10am
- Where: Six Bridges Trail
- Parking: Picnic area. Vehicle day-use fee is $10.
- Length of Hike: Moderate 1.5-mile hike with a 460-feet elevation gain.
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Preparation: Dress in layers and bring water and snacks.