Gaviota State Park: First Day Hikes
The Wind Caves Hike will take participants through the backcountry of the park. Visitors will encounter beautiful views of the Gaviota Coast and surrounding hills. The main point of interest are the spectacular sandstone wind caves. The Wind Caves hike is rated moderate; although, the trail may be strenuous at points nearing the caves.
- Date and time: January 1, 2022 at 9am
- Where: Gaviota Wind Caves
- Parking: Beach to Backcountry Trailhead
- Length of hike: Roundtrip distance is approximately 2 miles.
- Preparation: Dress in layers and wear good hiking shoes. Please bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Ages: All ages are welcome.
- Special instructions: The Beach to Backcountry Trailhead is located on Hollister Ranch Road. Instead of entering the park at the kiosk, turn to the right onto Hollister Ranch Road. Proceed to the top of the hill. At the top of the hill, there will be a small parking area with a gate. This is the Beach to Backcountry Trailhead.
- Contact information: Call: (805)-968-1033 or visit Gaviota State Park