Rancho San Andrés Castro Adobe
Located in the Pajaro Valley, this two story adobe hacienda is the only remaining building of the Mexican Rancho era of California left in this region. It was built between 1848-49 by the Juan Jose Castro on Rancho San Andres located in Watsonville California. The surrounding grounds include an orchard with picnic tables and a garden designed by landscape architect Thomas Church.
Funding for the restoration of the Castro Adobe is provided by Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks.