Cooper Cedar Woods
A short trail skirts the edge of an Atlantic White Cedar Basin Swamp, which is a rare natural community. This community features very slow-growing cedar trees adapted to wet conditions and an assemblage of uncommon plants that depend on just this particular habitat to survive.
- This property is open dawn to dusk
- Carry out all trash
- Dogs must remain under control and owners must pack out all dog waste
- No motorized wheeled vehicles
- No camping
- No Campfires
- Hunting and fishing are allowed
- Leave natural and cultural features undisturbed
The entrance is on the south side of Route 11 between Depot Road and Tash Road. Look for the “Cooper Cedar Woods” property sign with the Forest Society logo on it. This entrance is not plowed for winter parking.
*WINTER ACCESS: The parking at this property is not plowed.*