The PUC Demonstration and Experimental Forest is protected by a conservation easement in partnership with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CalFire) and the Land Trust of Napa County.
As such, it will always remain forest and provide learning opportunities for PUC students as well as 35 miles of recreational trails—for mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding — for students, college employees, and community members. Home to a nesting pair of Northern Spotted Owls, the rare Napa False Indigo, and some of the easternmost Coastal Redwood trees, the rich biodiversity of the PUC forest makes is especially valuable to conservationists and researchers. Our forest truly sets PUC apart and makes Angwin a unique and special place to live, learn, and grow.
- Stay on the trails at all times
- Clean up after yourself. Leave no trace of your experience on the land
- Equestrians and bicyclists are to wear helmets at all times
- Leave markers, flagging, and wildlife cameras intact for ongoing forestry operations and research studies
- Do not block gates or roadways to service/emergency vehicle access
- Respect road/trail closures
- Organized groups or commercial activities are not permitted on the property without permission. Please contact the PUC Forest Manager for approval
Must be leashed or otherwise restrained, and kept under direct physical control by their owner or handler at all times, and must meet all licensing and vaccination requirements.
Horses are to step off the trail to relieve themselves where possible, or owners are to kick droppings off the trail. Horses are not allowed on single track trails.
Open from dawn to dusk
- Campfires, fireworks, or any other possible sources of fire ignition
- Firearms, projectile weapons, and hunting
- Any motorized vehicle use (electric “pedal assist” bicycles OK)
- Construction and alteration of trails
- Construction or placement of any kind of structures
- Alteration of the land of any kind
- Collection or removal of natural products of any kind. Take only memories
- Overnight camping
- Smoking of any kind (tobacco, marijuana, or vaping), alcohol consumption, or drug use